Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lady Killers

My sister told me a disturbing "Love, Mom" yesterday. Let me preface this tale by saying that our mother does not approve of flip-flops or "thongs" (which is what she used to call them before we laughed at her until she stopped). I think her disapproval comes from the time I wore flip-flops in the Nebraska winter in order to be "cool" even though she told me not to have "practically bare feet in the snow". Or maybe it was because we laughed at her about the thong thing. Anyway, since then she's been looking for reasons to make us fear the flop.

According to the most recent cautionary tale, it's better to drive barefoot than while wearing flip-flops.Why? "Because one 56 year old lady was wearing them while driving and they got caught in the gas pedal, and before she knew it, she'd run 3 old ladies down in the church parking lot and killed them."
Maybe she'll start calling flip-flops "lady killers" now. Either way, it's better than "thongs".



No comments:

Post a Comment